BHP Billiton Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
BHP Billiton is the largest mining, petroleum and metals company across the globe. BHP Billiton was established in 2001 via a merger between Billiton plc and BHP. The company is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Extractive Metallurgy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Mining Engineering
Bursary awards will cover the following expenses: registration costs, tuition, prescribed books, exam fees, accommodation and meals at university residence, and an allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ permanent resident,
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric,
- Students applying for a bursary for Engineering, Science and Geology degrees: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science,
- Students applying for a bursary for Accounting degrees: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics,
- Accepted to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the BHP Billiton Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, you can apply online at: www.careerwise.co.za/index.php?pg=application_forms
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Photograph (passport size),
- Grade 11 final results (if currently in Matric) OR Matric certificate (certified copy) (if completed Matric),
- Tertiary students: Latest academic results,
- Proof of enrollment/ acceptance to study at a tertiary institution.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: AndreB@careerwise.co.za
2) Fax: 086 602 8949
3) Post: Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632, Braamfontein, 2017
30 May annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Corporate Recruitment and Bursary Services
Tel: 011 484 7505