AVI Limited Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
AVI Limited own some of South Africa’s biggest household brands, from cosmetics, fashion, shoes and accessories, to hot bevarages, biscuits, snacks and convenience foods.
In partnership with Studietrust, AVI are offering bursary awards to students with specific fields – please read all the details below.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following categories:
- Marketing (Degree)
- Finance (Degree)
- Mechanical Engineering (Degree/ Diploma/ B Tech)
- Industrial Engineering (Diploma/ B Tech)
- Food Technology (Diploma/ B Tech)
The AVI Limited Bursary is a full cost bursary, which means that it covers all study related expenses (tuition, registration, exams, books, study materials etc).
Applicants must meet the following minimal criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric with good academic results OR currently in Matric,
- Proven financial need,
- Intend on studying a full-time in one of the aforementioned degree/ diploma/ b tech programmes,
- Degree students (Marketing, Finance, Mechanical Engineering):
- Achieved a minimum of “C” symbol/ level 5/ 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of “C” symbol/ level 5/ 60% for English First Additional Language in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of “C” symbol/ level 5/ 60% for Physical Science in Matric (Engineering students only)
- Intend on studying at one of the following universities: University of Johannesburg, Wits University, Pretoria University, University of KwaZulu-Natal,
- Achieved a minimum of “D” symbol/ level 4/ 50% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of “D” symbol/ level 4/ 50% for English First Additional Language in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of “D” symbol/ level 4/ 50% for Physical Science in Matric
- Intend on studying at one of the following universities: University of Johannesburg, Vaal University of Technology, Tshwane University of Technology, Durban University of Technology,
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible students must apply online at: http://www.studietrust.co.za (between 1 May and 30 September annually).
To find out more about the application process, please visit: http://www.studytrust.org.za/index.php/applications
The following documents will be required to support your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (employment letter or payslips if employed/ sworn affidavits for each of your unemployed/ financial statement if self-employed) (certified copy),
- A letter about your life (written by the applicant themselves),
- Parents/ guardians/ friends may write recommendation letters,
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader),
- Current tertiary students must add:
- Matric results certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary results (certified copy),
- Applicants who are not currently studying: include your most recent exam results (certified copy) and a letter explaining what you are doing in the current year.
30 September 2017.
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
The Bursaries Manager
Mr Johannes (Joe) Mcira
Tel: 011 403 1632
Fax: 086 560 5604
Please be sure to read the Bursary FAQ’s: http://www.studietrust.org.za/index.php/bursaries/bursary-applications/application-faq-s