Academy of Sound Engineering Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Since it was establishment in 1997, the Academy of Sound Engineering has quickly become the premier sound engineering school in the country. The Academy only accepts a small amount of students for each course, and caters exclusively to dedicated students who wish to become professionals in the industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The young woman’s bursary was created to stimulate and address female representation within the entertainment technology industry. The Academy of Sound Engineering is offering a successful female candidate a career in the world of entertainment technology.
The bursary will be awarded to a female student studying towards a Diploma in Audio Technology (Sound Engineering).
The bursary covers registration, full tuition fees and books for the duration of the three year Diploma.
Those who pursue a career in this field will be able to enter the following career areas: Live Sound, Audio to Picture, Music Production and Broadcasting.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ permanent resident
- Currently residing in the Western Cape
- Completed Matric last year (2015) or currently in Matric in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum of 70% in the National Senior Certificate (NSC) exams
- Demonstrate academic and/ or extracurricular excellence (preference is given to students who show an aptitude for music, technology, theatre productions, broadcast or any range of entertainment related activities)
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Academy of Sound Engineering Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application email:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric) OR latest Matric results
- Proof of residence
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line: “Young Woman’s Bursary Application”)
The Candidate Selection Process
•Applications open: 28 September.
•All applicants will be screened by the Academy of Sound Engineering bursary application team.
•The candidates that meet the academic performance and extramural activity criteria will then be invited for an interview. The interviews will take place in Cape Town.
• The candidate short list will then be selected based on: The interview outcome, Their academic results, Extracurricular interests.
• The successful bursary holder will be announced in the first week of December.
• Applicants are required to undergo and pass the Academy of Sound Engineering’s Application Interview and Hearing Test.
(please see the attached application form for further details on the shortlisting process).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Academy of Sound Engineering (Cape Town)
Tel: 021 461 0640
Physical Address: 15 Wicht Cres (de Roos St), Zonnebloem, Cape Town