Master Builders Association Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The Master Builders and Allied Trades’ Association, Western Cape (known as “the MBA”) was was founded in 1891 and is affiliated to the Master Builders South Africa (M.B.S.A.).
Its membership is made up of around 400 companies within the Western Cape – most of which are building products, building subcontractors, builders, building merchants or manufacturers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The MBA Development Trust are awarding bursaries to students within the Built Environment (Civil and Building) sector. Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year and are renewable based on satisfactory academic performance.
Funding will cover the cost of tuition fees only – students are liable for payment of any other study related fees.
A final decision will be made and successful students will be informed by 13 December 2017.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
University students – Degree qualifications:
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- BSc Civil Engineering
- BSc Construction Management
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- HBSc (Hons) Construction Management
University of Technology students – BTech Degree/ National Diploma qualifications:
- National Diploma Quantity Surveying
- National Diploma Building
- National Diploma Structural Engineering
- National Diploma Civil Engineering
- BTech Quantity Surveying
- BTech Construction Management
- BTech Civil Engineering
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Completed schooling at a school within the MBA Western Cape/ MBA Boland jurisdiction area
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (bursaries will NOT be awarded for the first year of study)
- A family member of an employee of a MBAWC member company
- Preference to be given to those employed at a member company who are compliant with BIBC benefit system (for at least 36 months uninterrupted)
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Master Builders Association Bursary Application Form (pdf format), OR the Master Builders Association Bursary Application Form (doc format).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Motivational letter explaining your current circumstances and why you should be awarded a bursary
- Letter of recommendation by your employer
Complete application forms and supporting documentation should be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivery:
The MBA Office
2) Post/ delivery:
The Communications Officer
MBA WC Development Trust
PO Box 382
4 December 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Master Builders and Allied Trades’ Association Western Cape (MBAWC)
Tel: 021 685 2625