John Thompsons Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
John Thompson is an environmental solutions and boiler company who serve the industrial and power generation markets, both in South Africa and internationally.
The company has 5 business units, including: Manufacturing, Industrial Watertube Boilers, Package Boilers, Air Pollution Control and Utility Boilers & Environmental.
The John Thompson history dates back to the Industrial Revolution in England. Today, the company is a division of the biggest electro-mechanical equipment manufacturer, repairer and distributor in Africa – ACTOM (Pty) Ltd.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to those studying in the following fields:
- Boilermaking (N1, N2, N3)
- Welding (N1, N2, N3 OR N4, N5, N6)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or plan to study in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Reside in the Majuba District in Mpumalanga Province
- Boilermaking students:
- Must have achieved a minimum of 60% for Matric Mathematics
- Welding students:
- Must have achieved a minimum of 50% for Matric Mathematics
- OR Must have completed an N3 qualification and a minimum of 50% for Mathematics and 50% for Matric Engineering Drawings
HOW TO APPLY
Those who meet the eligibility requirements must apply by writing to: AJTHumanResourceJHB@johnthompson.co.za
(with the following in the email subject line: “Bursary Application – Your Full Name”)
Please attach the following items in your email:
- Covering letter
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic record if a current tertiary student (certified copy)
- Proof of residence
19 May 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
John Thompsons: Human Resources