SAPS/ Tracker Bursary South Africa 2016 – 2017
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Police Service (SAPS)/ Tracker Bursary Scheme was initiated in 2004, to provide tertiary funding for students of police officers who passed away in the line of duty.
Each year, the SAPS/ Tracker Bursary help several students achieve their dreams, all in the name of brave policemen and policewomen who put their lives on the line to protect their country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students who are the children of police officers killed in the line of duty. These students must be studying towards an ICT (Information and Communications Technology) qualification.
The bursary award will cover the full cost of tuition fees – all other study related expenses will be for the students own account.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Matric /tertiary students who is the child of a police officer killed in the line of duty,
- Studying (or intend on studying) towards an ICT qualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SAPS Tracker Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Deceased police officers death certificate (certified copy),
- Most recent examination results,
- Registration/ provisional acceptance at a recognised Tertiary Institution,
- Breakdown of cost of course (from Tertiary Institution),
- Motivational letter explaining why you wish to study in this field.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Tracker Corporate Social Investment Division, via one of the following methods:
P O Box 2492
2) Hand delivered:
Stonemill Office Park
31 January annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
CSI Officer: Mihloti Mgimeti
Tel: 011 380 0300 / 011 11 998 4136
Fax: 011 215 8900