BBD Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
BBD was founded in 1984 by 3 developers – Tom Budge, Sandra Barone and Ralf Dominick. The companies name is an abbreviation of the developers last names. Apart from the BBD Head Office in Johannesburg, the company also has branches in Cape Town and Pretoria, as well as in India and Bulgaria.
Today the company has 600 staff members including application designers, system architects, software developers, tech-trend enthusiasts and digital strategists.
The companies services and expertise include the following: IT & development consulting, software development, systems integration, mobile app services, user experience design, maintenance and support.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The BBD bursary covers the following IT-related degrees (BCom/ BEng/ BIS/ BSc):
- Computer and Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
The bursary is suited to students who are planning a career in the software development sector. Financial need and academic merit will be considered during selection of the correct candidate.
Applicants must meet the following basic requirements before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards an IT degree qualification (Bachelors/ Honours/ Doctorate/ Masters)
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- Have a passion for building and creating software
- Good level of written and verbal communication
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/XMBjJV
You will be requested to upload the following supporting documents with your application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest academic results (if in Matric in the year of application)
- Matric certificate
- Latest university transcripts (if at tertiary level)
- Curriculum Vitae
15 December 2017.
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 532 8300