South African Reserve Bank Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is responsible for achieving and maintaining stable prices, to ensure sustainable economic growth within the country. The SARB are also responsible for the issuing of coins and banknotes; creating monetary policies; overseeing banking systems and much more.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within fields that are relevant to the bank. For example: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law, Information Technology.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books and university accommodation.
On completion of their qualification, students will be required to “work back” the bursary by taking up employment at SARB for the period of time equal to their bursary awarded. Students will also be given the opportunity to undertake vacation work, funded by the bank.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- No older than 30 years old,
- In financial need,
- Intend on studying full-time, in a field relevant to the SARB,
- Currently in matric/ have completed Matric,
- Achieved a minimum of 60% in Matric June exams – awarding of the bursary is subject to final Matric results and acceptance at a recognised tertiary institution in SA.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SA Reserve Bank Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Apply by sending copies of the following documentation:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Proof of acceptance and enrollment at a tertiary institution,
- Matric June results/ Matric final results (if already completed) (certified copy),
- Motivational essay (250 words) on the application form.
*NB: bursary holders must submit their final exam results by 31 December.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 012 313 3911