Coronation Fund Managers Bursary Programme South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Coronation Fund Managers was established in Cape Town, South Africa in 1993. When the company was started, there was a total of 15 staff members and no assets under management – today there is an excess of R588 billion under management.
The company is a third-party fund management company, with offices across South Africa, Namibia, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study (BComm or B Bus. Science):
- Investment Management
Students must also be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutions: Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria or the University of the Witwatersrand.
Applicants must meet the following minimal criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric (with university entry),
- Achieved a minimum of 70% or level 6 for English FAL and Mathematics OR Matric Exemption with a minimum “B” symbol for English FAL and Mathematics,
- Currently studying or intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Currently studying or intend on studying at one of the aforementioned universities.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible students must apply online at http://www.studietrust.co.za (between 1 May and 30 September annually).
The following documents will be required to support your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (employment letter/ payslips) (certified copy),
- A letter about your life (written by the applicant themselves),
- Parents/ guardians/ friends may write recommendation letters,
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader),
- Current tertiary students must add:
- Matric results certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary results (certified copy),
- Applicants who are not currently studying: include your most recent exam results (certified copy) and a letter explaining what you are doing in the current year.
30 September annually
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
The Bursaries Manager
Mr Johannes (Joe) Mcira
Tel: 011 403 1632
Fax: 086 560 5604
Please be sure to read the Bursary FAQ’s: http://www.studietrust.org.za/index.php/bursaries/bursary-applications/application-faq-s