Agribusiness Centenary Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Agbiz is an association of agribusinesses within operating in southern and South Africa. The company’s function is to make certain that agribusiness is beneficial to the economic growth, transformation and development of the country
Agribusiness Centenary Bursary Fund was formed as a celebration of numerous Agbiz members celebrating their century existence. Each year one postgraduate students is chosen to receive a bursary worth R34 000.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to postgraduate (Masters or PhD degree) students the following fields of study:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agribusiness Management related fields
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed a related undergraduate qualification
- Registered OR have qualified to apply for postgraduate studies in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Study at a recognised South African university
- Excellent academic results
*Preference will be given to students pursuing the most relevant field of study, as well as students who agree to be guided by Agbiz in selecting a research topic.
HOW TO APPLY
Please also download and thoroughly read the Agribusiness Centenary Bursary T&C’s (pdf format).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record (on tertiary letterhead) stating completion of an undergraduate degree
- Proof of acceptance/ registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of recommendation from head of department or academic supervisor (max 1 page)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary and how the bursary will be used (max 1 page)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
PO Box 76297
8 December 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Natalie van Harte
Tel: 012 807 6686