KPMG Bursaries South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
KPMG is an international organisation offering tax, audit and advisory services to clients around the globe. Founded in 1987, the name “KPMG” originates from the merging partners: KMG (Klynveld Main Goerdeler) and Peat Marwick. Today, KPMG has an employee base of over 162 000 people around the world.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
KPMG have 2 bursary opportunities for students studying towards becoming a SAICA accredited Chartered Accountant, or CAs(SA).
The Pure Merit Bursary will be awarded based on academic results alone, and
The Merit Bursary with Financial Needs will be awarded based on academic results and financial position.
Both of these bursaries will be awarded to students with great academic results.
Applicants should only apply for one bursary award. You should apply for the Merit Bursary with Financial Needs if you require full student funding and would not be able to complete your studies without extra financial support.
The bursary will be awarded on condition that the recipient maintains their academic achievements throughout the duration of study. On completion of studies, the student will be required to serve a 3 year training contract.
Applicants satisfy the following criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying towards a SAICA recognised degree,
- Studying at a SAICA recognised tertiary institution,
- Studying full-time,
- Complete the degree in the minimum number of years,
- Matric students: must achieve a minimum of 5 “A” symbols (excluding Life Orientation),
- First year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 70% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 65%,
- Second year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 65% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 65%,
- Third year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 60% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 60%,
- CTA students: must achieve a minimum of 55% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 50%.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: https://home.kpmg.com/za/en/home/careers/bursaries.html
Before applying for a bursary, applicants must first be considered for a training programme (via the link above).
1 January annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 647 7111