BDO South Africa Incorporated Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
BDO is a global organisation with offices in over 150 countries, with more than 50 000 employees. Founded in 1963, BDO now routes its headquarters in Belgium and boasts an annual revenue of USD7.02 billion (according to Wikipedia statistics).
BDO South Africa Incorporated (previously known as BDO Spencer Steward) firm are an accounting, auditing and business advisory service provider who wish to help potential Chartered Accounting students to pursue their dream careers, by way of a bursary.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
BDO SA recognise that studying is extremely costly and thus are looking to help a student reach their dreams and become a CA one day. The student selected will be one who shows great potential in the finance field and strong academic merit.
In exchange for a bursary, the successful applicant will be required to work at BDO SA for the equal time of the bursary. Students may also be required to complete vacation work at BDO SA.
The bursary will cover all or part of the students’ academic fees, and textbook allowance.
The bursary value will differ between each BDO SA firm. Please note that the bursary is conditional and will only be renewed if the student achieves a pass at the end of the year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Students currently studying or planning to study a Chartered Accountant qualification.
- Students that qualify for admission to study CA or are currently registered for a Bcom in Accounting, or equivalent qualification at a University recognised by the SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants).
- Students who have received prior financial assistance or bursary funding, who are required to work back the bursary, may not apply.
The successful candidate will have to meet the following criteria:
Grade 12 students:
- A minimum “B” in Mathematics Higher grade
- A minimum “B” in English Higher grade (first or second language)
- A minimum average mark of 70%
Current University students:
- A minimum of 70% in Accounts I
- A minimum of 70% in Accounts II
- A minimum of 65% in Accounts III
(Candidates that meet the above criteria will be shortlisted for an interview and psychometric assessment)
HOW TO APPLY
BDO Spencer Steward Bursary Application Form (pdf)
Please download and complete the application form (in full).
The completed application form and supporting documents must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 011 488 1783
Alternatively, please apply online at: http://bdo.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/Categories/Bursaries/
The bursary will be allocated to the student who BDO SA feels has the best chance of qualifying for a Chartered Accountant qualification.
The chosen applicant will have a strong academic record and show financial need.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to work at BDO SA for the equal time of the bursary. Students may also be required to complete vacation work at BDO SA.
31 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 488 1700
Fax: 011 488 1783